Sunday, August 17, 2008
Out of Timeline Update!
Hey y'all! So a few months ago San Diego had the Loew's Surfdog Competition and we took Ariel down there so she could get dirty and play with pups. It was super fun and I was amazed at all the dogs who surfed all the way in, especially the dynamic duos on the same board. I kinda want to get a foamboard or a cheap surfboard and try to get Ariel doing it. I used to surf 3 or 4 times a week, but with work and the poobers and all, it's sort of difficult. Maybe if I get her doing it, it can be a family event!!! We also went hiking on Sat. morning with the Brand-a-thon-5000. It was really nice and overcast for a while, but around 9:00 am it got really hot and we had to pack it in. Ariel got a bunch of play time in and made two very best friends. I always wonder what it is that makes her absolutely love a dog. There is no physical trait (she loves huge and tiny alike) and no color, but there is something that makes her love a dog. She met an adolescent male Aussie/Border Collie that she fell in love with. She kept teasing him and staying out of his on-leash reach. She also fell for this adult female Dobie who kept dominating her. She kept going back for more wrestling and was obviously loving the roughhousing. I am sort of on the hunt for a best friend for her. I imagine it will be like how I found her, natural. She just fit at a time that fit, and any dog that comes into our lives next should be that way. There are so many wonderful dogs in rescue right now that it almost hurts me. They are so beautiful and all deserve wonderful homes, and if I had a ranch maybe I would have an over-sized pack, but for now I will wait for the perfect one to fall into our laps (and kiss our faces). I want her to have a dog partner who she loves/has that special something that makes her happy and crazy. For me, it's not so much about what I would want in a dog, I already got my dream pup, but what she would want in a (wrestling) partner. I just want a pup to make her as happy as she makes me (and who shares her same interests of having fun, getting dirty, and especially playing in water/ice). For your viewing pleasure, here are a few new pics!






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment